Thursday, April 16, 2009

With Many Thanks...

This last week has been one of the longest weeks of my life. Since I got home from the hospital, I've had to be Mommy of two kids, one of them being a newborn, requiring attention almost all the time. This is starting to leave Garrett feeling a little displaced. He's now starting to act out a little more, whining a little more, and being more stubborn (if THAT'S even possible).

But there is one thing that has really helped me through all this... FAMILY. I really don't think I would be emotionally stable today if we didn't have family helping us out every step of the way.

Doug's mom and step dad (Gene and Sally Isenga) have been very generous with their time and took Garrett for 3 nights while I was in the hospital! This gave Doug time to get some work done at the apartment during the day and come to the hospital to spend time with me and the baby at night. I don't think they quite realize how grateful we are to have someone that knows and loves Garrett so much that they can take good care of him for 3 days!

Doug's dad and step mom (Rick and Pat DeGraaf) were so very kind to take Loki for 4 days so we didn't have to worry about his care during my hospital stay. They are dog lovers and have watched him before, and for them to take him at the last minute so that Doug was not constantly coming home to let him out really helped us bond with our new daughter.

And my parents (Gary and Nancy Berdinski) have been there whenever I need them and whatever I need them for. My mom was present at the birth and I'm really glad she was there, although I didn't really have a chance to bond with her through this experience because things progress so quickly! But the day after I got home from the hospital, my mom was there helping out with Garrett and playing with him. She made us lunch and made it possible for me to get a nap in. She did anything I needed to make the transition so much easier. My dad took a day off of work and came over on Wednesday to help me with Garrett as well. He took him outside, made him lunch, took him to the park later, and even stayed until Garrett went to bed! He stayed almost 12 hours to help me out because I was having some pain issues. What a dad! Then my mom came over again today...not to get her baby fix (although she did that too!), but to clean my house! Her main goal today was to get things done around the house that I still cannot physically do myself. She even did some grocery shopping for me! So not only are my floors clean, but so is my bathroom and kitchen!

Our parents are so incredibly wonderful, and I feel like I cannot thank them enough for everything they've done to help us.

Mom's and Dad's, I love you all from the bottom of my heart and I hope that I can convey my appreciation for everything you've done to help us. You have a very beautiful granddaughter and I hope that she can come to love and appreciate her family as much as I've come to love and appreciate mine. Thanks again for everything!

1 comments:

linda said...

I could not agree more! My family saved me also! Praise the lord for great families!