Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tidbits and Fairytales...

Just wanted to updated on a few things that have been happening lately...

First, I went to my first weekly appointment with Dr. Florido on Monday and she checked my cervix. I'm dilated a fingertip and thinning just a little, but again, this happened with Garrett too, and I was 2 days late. The bad news that came from this appointment is that Baby Girl might be breach. As I was in the waiting room to get into my appointment, she got the hiccups, but they were up by my ribs, not in my pelvis like they usually are. I mentioned it to Dr. Florido and she decided it would be best to do an ultrasound to double check her position so that there are no surprises when I try to deliver. I go in tonight for the ultrasound, so unfortunately I have no good or bad news on that yet. I'm really praying that she's head-down and not breach. I know that they could try to turn her, but I also know that it's really painful and might not work, in which case I would have a c-section. I REALLY don't want a c-section! But I'll find out for sure tonight which way this little girl is headed (literally!).

Last night produced a pretty funny story. First things first, Garrett does not say all his words correctly, which makes this all the more funny. Garrett is VERY into picking his nose and getting the "boobies" (boogies) out. I realize now that maybe we should have called them something else, but he just loves to pick boobies! Anyway, Doug and Garrett were playing in Garrett's room and about to get ready for bed when Garrett started picking his nose. Let's just say that Garrett commented on the size of the boogie. ("BIG BOOBY!") Doug started commenting on Mommy's boogies... Can you tell where this is leading? Doug was encouraging Garrett to say things like, "Mommy has nice boogies" and "Mommy has big boogies". And when Garrett said it... well, you can guess what it sounded like! Although I was a little shocked that Doug was encouraging this, I was cracking up laughing! And of course Garrett thought he was really talking about boogies!

Now, this morning was not nearly as funny. I actually dreamed about my morning first. In my crazy pregnant lady dream, I was sleeping in bed in the exact position that I really was laying in, and for some reason I had Garrett in the bed with me. He was sleeping on top of me snuggling on my chest (like he used to do as a newborn, just bigger) and he woke a little, put his hand on my cheek and said, "I love you". I got all teary and hugged him and told him that I love him. Then he went back to sleep. Doug came in with his breakfast on a tray, and for some reason he was eating flavored Tootsie Rolls with the wrapper on with a fork. But not unusual for a dream so I just continued to tell him what Garrett said to me because I thought it was so sweet. It was light outside and the sun was shining, and it felt like a wonderful day to wake up to....

Then reality hit. I wake up a second time, a little confused why it was so dark in my room all of a sudden, and Garrett is whining/crying at the gate across his door. I'm slowing trying to swim out of my fog so that I can get up. I get Garrett out of his room and start the morning stuff (let the dog out, use the bathroom, etc.). As I was in the bathroom, Garrett started using his pouty voice asking for Dada. I told him Dada was at work this morning, and when he didn't seem to understand why Dada wasn't there, I picked him up to go change his diaper. Garrett freaked out. He got so upset that he bit himself on the hand. Then cried more. When I restrained his kicking feet and sternly told him "No kicking Mommy" he bit himself again, but even harder, and now he's crying because he hurt. I'm probably a bad mom for feeling this, but I don't have any sympathy for him when he hurts himself because he's upset. So no, I did not kiss his owie. After finally wrestling a diaper on him, I put him down with every intention of walking away and getting some orange juice. But Garrett wanted me to pick him up. I sat on the foot stool and he hugged me, still balling his eyes out and no matter what I did or said, he would not stop crying. Eventually I did pick him up, and he still cried. Finally I asked him if I could go back to bed and he said no. Once Garrett calmed down, I just had to call Doug and tell him about my ironic crazy morning. Dreams really can be better than reality!

0 comments: