Saturday, May 23, 2009

Big Brother and Little Sister

Garrett is now really enjoying holding his baby sister. He frequently asks to hold her, and when he does, he fawns over her like she's his own. He loves to give her the pipe and always gets concerned when she's crying. Here's one moment that Garrett really wanted to hold his baby sister. He even gave me a cheesy smile!






Mommy's Little Helper- the mothering instinct has kicked in!


Oh so polite, too!

It's times like these that I really cherish Garrett for being the toddler that he is. He's sweet, extremely hilarious, and uncommonly thoughtful for a 2 year old. He really seems to understand that Ellison is a baby and what exactly that entails. He know that she needs to be taken care of and that her needs tend to come first. He's always very understanding when I tell him that I have to take care of her before helping him with what he wants. I hope that this character that is building in him now always remains a part of him. He is going to be a strong, caring, loving husband and father some day... but he is now and will forever be my little boy.

2 comments:

EB said...

love these pics! ellison has really grown!! hope to see you soon!

linda said...

I laughed so hard when he decided to "feed" Ellison! Jacob and I were cracking up! And he is talking so good! What was Garrett saying in that video?