Tuesday, February 10, 2009

She's not nameless anymore!

Yes! That's right! We've finally agreed on a name. And before anyone gets too antsy, we've decided not to tell anyone. Mostly my motivation for not saying what her name is going to be is because I'd just get really ticked off if someone decided to be inconsiderate enough to say "Really? Well, I like this name...". Or they might just give a look that says "Eeehh..." like their pondering the name and decided it's not good enough according to their standards. And mostly I don't want to hear it from family. When I was pregnant with Garrett, we didn't find out the sex, but we told the names we chose. More than one family member (they shall remain nameless) commented on the fact that Garrett sounds really old fashioned. Well, too darn bad. We liked it then and we love it now. Same for this baby girl's name. And to be totally honest, once she's born, no one will really care about the name because there's this sweet, tiny, absolutely adorable little girl attached to it. So, now that we have her name picked out, it's going to be a little tough trying to not say her name when referring to her, but in the long run, I think it'll be worth it.

2 comments:

EB said...

yay!!! i'm burning with curiosity but i am so glad you've got this important issue settled. :) i can't wait to meet her!!

Anonymous said...

YAH!!! I am SO GLAD that you have a name! I was praying and also praying for someone else that you are praying for. Keep me updated! And, I just wanted to say Krysh, you have come so far from the first time I met you! I am so thankful for you! Here is to having a girl! I can't wait to meet you little!