Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This is for you Linda!

So, my good friend Linda has been bugging me to see pictures of my bathroom remodel. So I thought I would post some pics to give her an idea of what has been happening at my house for the last month. Just to reiterate, my husband is doing ALL the work himself. I'm very blessed to have a husband that knows how to do plumbing, electrical, drywall, and tiling (shower and floor). I think he's doing great! Take a look at his craftsmanship!



This is the shower... travertine. The "gray" stripe you see is actually a space where Doug is going to do a mosaic of slate tile from the floor. This will be done last prior to grouting. The cut-outs in the walls are for storage.


Here's my bathtub!!!


Here's some of the slate tile on the floor. He's started with the whole pieces first, and will do all the cuts second. With all the broken or cracked pieces of the slate tile we have, we're going to use it in the shower as the mosaic.
Later on when we have more money to finish it, we're going to change the vanity area. There will be two sinks instead of just one, new cabinets, new vanities and light fixtures. I'm also trying to convince Doug to remove the wall between the toilet and the vanity to make the bathroom look bigger instead of so choppy.
For me, I'm still not as excited about all of this until I see the finished product (or even a bathroom that is clean and usable!) Although it looks great, there's tools and dust EVERYWHERE and it kind of detracts from the beauty of the work that he's done so far. But it's slowly getting there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

KRYSIA!!! I LOVE IT! I love the tile on the floor, the shower is AMAZING! And a bathtub! PRAISE THE LORD!! I saw it before, and what a make-over!!! Your husband is so talented!!!!!