Friday, December 19, 2008

The Nameless Girl

I don't think I'll EVER find a name for this baby girl. I've started the search over again (for the third time) in hopes that I'll find something that stands out. I was getting very frustrated so I gave up again, stopping at the letter G. I don't know what I'm going to do. There are a couple names that I kind of like, but nothing that screams "Here I am! I'm your daughter's name!" Nothing feels right! Ughh! I know that I still have PLENTY of time, but it seems to be going by so quickly that I'm worried that I'll be delivering her in no time flat and she still won't have a name! I know there are some people that are undecided on a name until they see their baby's face, but I'm not one of them. I would feel too pressured to pick a name right away, then maybe feel like I rushed it and have doubts-AFTER the name was written down!

So, of the names listed in the poll. Only one, well...two of them are mine. I can see that everyone likes Lillian, but I really don't (sorry to those who voted for it). So definitely Lillian, Gillian, Kendra, Jinny, and Helen are off the table. Those names just sound all wrong for our little girl. I like Ellis and Lucy, and I'm maybe still considering Evelyn. I know Doug still likes Evelyn, so I'm willing to keep considering it.

So I guess it's not too bad. I have 3 candidates. But finding a name that both Doug and I like is seemingly impossible. Too bad its not twins, only for the fact that I could name one and Doug could name the other...

...kidding!

If you feel like commenting and maybe giving me some more ideas, I'm all for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Jacob hates the name I love. So my suggestion would be Stella. You could lengthen it to Estella and call her that for short. Or we really like Mazey. But that just did not work with Quist

Anonymous said...

I like the name Lydia, Lucy, and Adeline (pronounced Adel-LINE.)