Thursday, August 21, 2008

A day at the park...

Yesterday, EB and I decided to get the kids together to play at the park, since they don't get to see each other that often anymore. We initially tried to go to Hager Park, but the Discovery Center (the only structure suitable for toddlers) was closed for annual maintenance. So I mentioned a couple more nearby parks, and we decided to go to Rush Creek Park, the park where Doug plays softball every summer. They had a blast! This picture was kind of sentimental for me because the last time he was in this exact swing, was on our 4 year anniversary and he was only nine months old! Check out the old pic at garrettdegraaf.blogspot.com February 2008 postings... I can't believe how much bigger he is!





Here's Garrett and Carolyn enjoying the double slide. They can both go down all by themselves!

Sharing leaves...

Carolyn was so excited to help Garrett blow bubbles. I love the face that she's making too!

It almost looks like Garrett's going to eat them!


A little blurry, but by far my favorite picture!

All boy!

The big boy slide


Exploring a tree

It was such a great day at the park. EB and I were commenting on how cool the day was and it felt like Fall was about to show itself. The smell of the air and the laughter all over made it a very special day. I was very grateful to have a special morning for Garrett to enjoy!






0 comments: